Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

On the bright side


I have only one major concern about moving to the USA (apart from the cat problem of course) and that is that I will not get to watch cricket any more.

Here I get SKY sports UK - which shows all the major (and many of the minor) matches from all over the cricket world – plus the UK domestic season -  but I have no doubt that there is no cricket shown in Indianapolis.

On the bright side – I will no longer have to watch the Australian team being beaten to a pulp.

I have never been able to come to grips with baseball – but perhaps I have to become a fan.

Also on the bright side – I will be able to get the Golf Channel. Cate likes nothing better than to see me flat out like a lizard in the sun watching golf on TV. You betcha!

I suggested to Cate that we probably should not drag all our old sheets and towels to the USA with us so she has promised to have a clean up on the weekend. I will have to drag these up from the basement – a task I am not looking forward to.

Given our track record I have no great hopes for this exercise - so have been looking at storage units in Indianapolis.


6 comments:

  1. You can look forward to Major League Baseball, especially the "World" Series. You'll be surprised how small the world is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Merisi !!!!! If you need any help / tips / rules explained - give me a shout - we are huge baseball fans and watch whenever we get the chance.
    Have a great weekend !!!!!
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merisi's "World" Series sounds like the Rugby League "World Cup"! Not in the event with Soccer or Rugby Union.

    The beauty of watching cricket is that matches go on for days and require a real commitment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q. What do you call a great Australian cricketer?

    A. Retired!

    ahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Q. What do you call a great Australian cricketer?

    A. Retired!

    ahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merisi: Ah well we have a 'world cup' in cricket as well so can't throw stones.

    Me: Thanks _ I will also buy a book

    Annie: Yes there is something about a game that can go for 5 days and have no winner.

    Simon: Yes it is very depressing

    ReplyDelete