Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A gift from God


Cate rang me on the way to the airport yesterday to say that she had forgotten where she was going and how she was going to get there. Oh sure she had remembered that her ultimate destination was Dubai but she had no idea what airline she was on and how she was getting to Dubai.

Turns out she was going to Munich first on Lufthansa so I was able to point her in the right direction.

Next Monday she goes to Moscow – then to Istanbul and then she is back for a day before going to Brazil. This mad travel schedule goes on until we actually go to Indianapolis.

Meanwhile I am spending my days filling out forms and copying documents for a whole raft of people including the US immigration people - who need an extraordinary amount of information before they will consider letting us join the great society.

I get masses of email each day asking me questions and giving me information – all of which adds to the confusion.

I told Mrs. Moneypenny last week that we were going and she took it in her stride. Turns out she is pregnant again – which she said she would never do  - but explained it to me by saying that it was a gift from God – with possibly a minor contribution by her husband.

And of course ESB is right – the title must remain Vienna for Dummies.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, you made me laugh! I must stop reading though and get some housework done before Tamie wises up and fires me.

    ReplyDelete