Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Georgia was unmoved

View from our apartment in Oaxaca
I have been  flat out like a lizard lately and have not had time for blogging or Facebook. However – all our guests have now left and peace and quiet reigns – apart from the crazy dog who barks at everything.

We are finally up to our ears in snow and it is well below freezing. The one who really seems to like this is Georgia who bounds around in the snow like lunatic. 

I have a sort of a cloth Frisbee type thing that I throw and she chases. But she does not then let it go and I have to fight her tooth and nail for it. So we usually only get maybe two throws and chases per session.

She would not be much of a retriever if I was duck shooter and by the time I got the duck it would be chewed to smithereens.

Today someone tried to commit suicide using me as the instrument. I was beetling along college street and an insane or drunk person rolled out of a side street on the left and straight in front of me.

I knew immediately that I was going to hit him (or her) but slammed on the brakes and turned to the right. Just before impact I grut my teeth and prepared for the collision.

But there was not one – when I opened my eyes he had gone past me and was cruising along – probably oblivious to what had happened.

I think I must had missed the other car by less than an inch and I am thankful for my AWD drive car on such wet and icy roads.

Georgia was unmoved by the near collision.  

3 comments:

  1. I am veRy relieved that you and Georgia survived your non-collision. I don't think I have ever had a close mishap with a dog in my car - no, now I remember, I did have a near head-on collision with an 18-wheeler almost immediately after spending huge sums of money on Cooper at the vet. I think I was only about 5 miles down the road back to Borger. I am glad you have someone to enjoy the snow with you. Cooper has always liked snow, but Pepper absolutely loves snow and takes a lot of the ice cubes out of the water bowl and eats them, making veRy little mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's face it. Most drivers in this part of the country are just plain stupid. Glad you and Miss Georgia are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. esb: Georgia is always tied in with a harness so she would be OK unless it was a bad crash. She likes eating snow - and also eats ice cubes from the fridge.

    SK Waller: There is a lot of stupid in this part of the world.

    ReplyDelete