Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Winter planting



Badger is up and about again and surveying the wreckage of one of the chess games he is currently playing with Lenny. 

Having unaccountably donated two key pieces to Lenny - the game is now beyond redemption but I will battle on as he may get drunk - slip up and let me back in.

I was reminded by a couple of people on the weekend that my blog has suffered recently from the lack of Duck pictures. I shall remedy this shortly and at the same time ensure that the Ducks are making appropriate preparations for winter.

It took me a long time to decide on what to plant to replace my Spring shrubs - which popped their clogs within weeks.

I finally decided on stones.

These are long-lasting, will retain their colour and are guaranteed to survive the toughest winter.

I am pleased with my choice. For a gardener with my unique skills they represent the perfect  accompaniment to any outdoor setting. 

6 comments:

  1. The stones are a brilliant idea - no watering or maintenance required.You should get some of those birds pictured as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suddenly the theme song for the movie Rocky goes through my brain. I am glad you are better, I was missing you. I have friend in prison who gets out veRy soon, and it wiLL be nice to have her home running the diner again. I think I have just enough time to get another letter sent to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days I think I'd be better off with a garden of stones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!

    I love stones in the garden and in pots. I have those black, polished Japanese Zen stones in pots on my porch.

    Looking forward to duckie pix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long will it take for the stones to drown in rain water?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outside-the-square thinking, may follow suit. Also those birds on the handles are so sweet, they'd look nice on the stones!

    ReplyDelete