Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Good luck with that

Serial bed eater!
After a valiant effort to stop Georgia eating her new bed we have given up. This is only because we cannot watch her 24 hours per day. When she goes quiet we sink into a state of bliss and forget that when she is quiet - something bad is happening. This rule always applies.

So far in the bed department it is Georgia 3 and us 0.

I am beginning to think that Georgia’s former minders gave her to us because she was eating their house.

But I am not to worried because I am now buying her beds from Costco and they are exceedingly cheap – and I am going to start buying them in six packs.

Cate is sick of our sheets and bedspread – which I have not changed since we got Georgia. Sure I have washed them but I have not changed them for replacement ones – because they are full of holes.

When Georgia is dozing off at night – or waking up in the morning – she likes to have a bit of a chew. Our bed linen looks like Swiss cheese. So if I put new ones on the bed she will chew these – and then we will be back where we started.

I have a bunch of brand new Jennifer Lopez sheets which we got from Kohl’s when we arrived. We bought Jennifer Lopez sheets because they were the only ones available.

I looked her up on the Internet. She sings and dances and designs things. I bet she did not spend too much time on these sheets. They are king size and brown. Even I could design a king size brown sheet. What sort of input would she have?

Hello it’s Jennifer – for my next set of brown sheets can I have them smothered in sequins?

I am so sorry Ms Lopez but if we put sequins on them no one will buy them.

So it’s just boring brown sheets again then?

Yup!

I have finally finished the palaver for Cate’s US tax return. I will now sit and wait for the barrage of emails requesting new information. The amount of information that Uncle Sam wants about everything is just astonishing.

I just cannot wait for Ted Cruz to be elected so that we can do our taxes on a postcard. Or even Carly Fiorina who will reduce the taxation legislation to three pages.

Good luck with that!

4 comments:

  1. What about smearing the edges of the bed with chilli paste or something???

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG then I would be in jail for torturing animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chili con canine (where con is a verb meaning to fool, swindle)

    ReplyDelete