Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

All is going to plan

John and Antonio are here repairing the Polar Vortex storm damage. John is the man who spent years restoring the house - which we then bought. Actually Antonio does all the work – John pops in every now and then to make sure everything is going to plan.

And it is.

The job that was supposed to be finished last Thursday is till going on and will probably not be done until the end of this week. This is because there was much more scraping and plastering required than was anticipated.

Also (surprise!) John can’t find the exact match of paint for the repaired bits so Antonio will have to paint acres of walls – instead of just the bits that were damaged.

Anyway they cleaned everything up and the house was reasonably presentable for our dinner party on Saturday nite.

I was happy with the culinary results for dinner. I did my honey chicken with Australian bush spices, parmesan asparagus, patates batasi and bourbon glazed carrots. Cate thought the carrots were sensational.

She loves carrots and the concept of eating carrots and getting hammered at the same time really appealed to her.

My key lime pie was absolutely sensational. The crust left a lot to be desired – and I will have to work on this -  but the pie itself was just the best key lime pie I have ever tasted.


I forgot to take a photo when it was ready – so have only one of it in its mostly eaten state.

5 comments:

  1. Pie pic is cracking me up, looks like it was a winner. Yea, painting is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the best job to have and be hammered at the same time, would be a jack hammer operator, especiaLLy if your nammer was Jack and you liked ham.

    Congrats on the pie. I am not sure that I have ever made a pie. You should have made it last month on pi day, March 14th. I guess you are practicing for neXt year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mamma mia, what sumptuous dinner!
    I'd gladly take the leftover key lime pie and go hide in a corner. Bourbon carrots? Probably would have gotten into a food fight with Cate! Miss your fabulously scrumptious bush-herbs and honey glazed chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recipes for EVERYTHING Please!!
    Especially the Key lime pie but ALL of it would be preferred.
    Merisi's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fmcgmccllc: Painting would be OK if I was not so bad at it.

    esb: Of course - pi day. I will put that in my diary for next year.

    Merisi: There is not a lot of key lime pie left - and both Cate and I will take care of it.

    Paris breakfasts: I will send you some recipes.

    ReplyDelete