Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

You have to drink 3 litres of disgusting muck


Looking towards Michaelerplatz and the Hofburg

I have been quiet for the last few days because on Thursday I had to have one of those internal examination thingies where they poke things into your top and bottom. When you are preparing for this you do not feel like doing much at all. 

This meant that for basically 48 hours before the examination I could not eat.  Worse - I had to go through the routine of drinking 3 litres of disgusting muck to clean out my innards – which it did very successfully. I should have washed it down with Jameson but needed to keep a clear head so as to find the bathroom every 15 minutes.

So when you can’t eat you think about very little else but eating  - and when you try to take your mind off it by watching TV you discover that most of the advertising is for food.

This is something I do every three years or so and it never gets any better.

Then the Doctor discovered that I spoke a little German so decided he would use my time with him as a German improvement opportunity for me - and spoke only German – and told his nurses to do the same.
Cate in Abaya

This made the whole experience a bit more difficult but entertained them tremendously which is good because I was happy to do anything that would make the job they were about to do a modicum more pleasant.

But anyway – everything is in order inside me - but the strange thing was when I got home I did not really feel like eating so just had a cup of tea and some biscuits - and the food advertisements on TV did not bother me one little bit.

Cate is back from Algiers – and liked it a bit more than she did last time – but still does not think it is worth a visit for me. I am not so sure. I have been looking at it and it looks quite fascinating – and I have always wanted to go to the Casbah.

Next week she goes to Saudi Arabia so will have to wear her Abaya so that no one can see her ankles. She does not have to wear a Niqāb.



8 comments:

  1. I didn't know the word 'Abaya', so when I saw the caption 'Cate in Abaya' I thought that Abaya was a location, probably a city.

    Glad you are internaLLy okay. It seems some medical eXaminations are so medieval in appearance and you wonder when someone wiLL invent something simple quick and painless to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, poor boy. So sorry you have to go through that. Look on the bright side! Qt least the government doesn't own your Gent Parts. I'm still wondering how you're going to live here in the States and not go mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Innards and ankles, oh my.

    I remember about 10 years ago having one of the internal flushings and you could only drink clear, no color, liquids, I decided white wine was the ticket. All things went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, civilised photo at the top of eating in the platz. Makes me envious (except when I think of the winters.)
    Glad to hear you survived intact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor boy... no jamiesons? oh well I had some for you mate....

    ReplyDelete
  6. esb: There is probably an Abaya somewhere. Maybe the West Indies.

    SK Waller: Don't I have to be a bit mad to live there?

    fmcgmccllc: White wine, Vodka and Gin probably fit the bill.

    Merricks: We love the winters best of all!

    Simopn: I knew I could count on you

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was in this place thrice already..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. webbloggirl; Algeria or Saudi Arabia?

    ReplyDelete