Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This is the sweetest victory of all.


Gotcha Mr Rabbit!

On election night in Australia Lenny sent me an SMS telling me how depressed he was at the likely outcome. I replied along the lines of  ‘Courage my son - I am not conceding defeat until Julia does’.

Well...many moons later...after many Bison have crossed the great plains....Julia has not only NOT had to concede defeat - she is actually finally in a position to form a government. A shaky one admittedly - but a government nevertheless. 
What a wonderful outcome. 
Not for the result in particular but because it will make the Coalition supporters, the tub-thumpingly religious, the gay bashers and the sundry sludge and detritus that make up the far right in Australia - incandescent with rage. I will so much enjoy watching the vitriol dripping from the fangs of the Troglodytes who are at this moment feverishly writing to all and sundry about this travesty which had delivered power to (gasp!) an unmarried woman who will live in (shriek!) sin in the Lodge and not only that she is a (shudder!) Atheist. 
I might add that this will not be the first occasion on which sinful behavior has fowled the Lodge. Some Australian Prime Ministers in the past had a reputation for taking their girlfriends back to Lodge and rogering them senseless (while their wives were away of course - common decency prevailed here). 
The added bonus is that we will get Broadband Internet suitable for a modern country and we may one day get some action on climate change.
Turns out that I need separate glasses for reading and for the PC. WTF? When I took my Doctor’s prescription to the Glasses Man he changed it to reading. That’s OK  but perhaps he should have told me. 
I have now ordered a new pair for PC work so in the not too distant future I may be able to use the PC with both eyes open.
In the meantime Rozalin has made an appointment for me with Electrode Man  on Friday morning so we shall start delving into the recesses of my tiny brain. 
Oh and yesterday Rozalin (she is marvelous!) arranged for me to see Tooth Man who fixed my front tooth (remember I chipped it). Well he thinks he has fixed it but wants me to come back in November to see if we need Root Canal. 
Oh I don’t think so! I had one of those once and it was not something I ever, ever wish to do again. 
And finally for today - in the Religious Tolerance Department (Religion Poisons Everything section)
“The pastor of a Florida church planning to burn Qurans told CNN Tuesday while the congregation plans to go through with the action to protest the September 11, 2001 attack on the United States by al Qaeda, the church is "weighing" its intentions.
Terry Jones, pastor of Dove World Outreach Church in Gainesville, Florida, who was interviewed on CNN's "American Morning, said the congregation is taking seriously the warning from the U.S. military that the act could cause problems for American troops.
"We have firmly made up our mind, but at the same time, we are definitely praying about it," said Jones said.”
Oh yeh - praying - that always helps. 
Please note that we are dealing here with the “Dove World Outreach Church”
My Doves are more peaceful than your Doves and if you don’t believe me I will send them over to shit on you and peck your eyes out!


2 comments:

  1. your posts always make me smile :) whoo hoo for the final outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete