Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I am not going to look at Twitter




They have Horse Restaurants in Slovenia - and no these are not places where Horses go to celebrate a birthday.

However, I am quite sure they do not eat cats. Well - no - actually I'm not - but I am not going to dwell on it.


The Blogger still has a cold and a headache and has not cycled for two days (Grrr) so will not be doing much of a Blog today.

I was going to see a new Doctor today at 5:00 but at 4:00 she rang in sick.

Two years ago this month I took out a new mobile phone contract with 3 in Australia and agreed to pay them $50 per month. I of course have been paying this since we arrived in Wien.

The contract expires in a week or so – so on Monday I went online and changed the contract to one which costs only $10 per month. (I have to have an Australian mobile number or I cannot do any banking transactions).

Yesterday the mobile phone itself expired in a flash of light and a puff of smoke. What incredible timing – how do they do that?

Anyway I mention in passing that Ashton Kutcher has more than 1,000,000 followers on Twitter.

I am really, really struggling to think what Ashton (who I am sure is a lovely man) could possibly say – in chunks of 140 letters – that would induce that many people to sign up (although he was in a contest with CNN at the time – which he won).

I seriously doubt that if Moses was at this moment delivering commandments by Twitter that he would get 1,000,000 followers.

NO - I am SO NOT going to look at Twitter to find out what Ashton is saying.

2 comments:

  1. Your new doctor calling in sick - that's not a good start. Physician, heal thyself!

    I imagine there must be thousands of germs in Wien, and Europe as a whole, just waiting for the chance to invade auslanders, whose immunity is to a totally different array of bugs. Poor you! How does Cate manage? I guess she doesn't have to deal with so many 'filthy people'. By that, I don't mean actual dirt. My mother always referred to crowds of germ-laden people in that way...

    Get better so you can get back on your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cate doesn't have much contact with the ordinary folk in Wien. I am the one who mixes with the masses in the shops so am likely to collect all sorts of bugs. However - as a tough bronzed Aussie I shall see this through!

    ReplyDelete