Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

How could I go wrong?

Still waiting for a squirrel 
Before we went to New Orleans I dropped Georgia off on Friday afternoon at the Broad Ripple animal clinic. She was to be looked after by Rachel who was going to take her home. So I had the vet give her a checkup first as she has been scratching a lot and we were sure she did not have fleas.

Georgia was as well behaved and cooperative as she always is when she goes to see the vet - and after unsuccessfully trying to climb on top of my head she scrunched herself into the smallest possible ball underneath the bench in the examination room. There she lay shivering and panting until the vet was able to be extract her for the examination. 

This is never an easy task because she weighs 51 pounds and is able to wedge herself into impossible spaces. Sometimes it would be handy to have the ‘jaws of life’ to get Georgia out of her hiding places. 

Turns out she did have a flea - maybe even two - and they must be hardy little souls because they survived a flea collar and flea tablets. They might be Democrats living in the mid-west -these are a very tough breed indeed. 

There are many things to see and experience in New Orleans. You have to go to Bourbon street at night. The best way to do this is by helicopter so that you avoid the absolute ghastliness of the place and do not end up being covered in blood and vomit.

However if you need to go on foot do so before midnight because legend has it that at that time otherwise normal people turn into asshats - or even worse - Trump supporters. 

There are oodles of jazz clubs and there are a few really good ones. We went to Irvin Mayfield's and the man himself was not there but the crew that was on stage were very good indeed. We were impressed by that and another bar we went to in the afternoon where a group of young guys were having a fine time.

We saw the museum of art which is surprisingly good. There is a fabulous sculpture garden which just knocked our socks off. We went to the National WW11 museum. I have no idea why this is in New Orleans but it is worthwhile going to NO just to see it. 

We were hugely entertained while we were away by the totally unhinged Trumpster ranting and raging and stalking Hillary on the stage at the debate. It seems we are out of the woods as far as his election is concerned although he is doing is absolute best to ensure that a revolution takes place when he loses. He is now frothing about a global conspiracy to bankrupt America. I am sure there is worse to come. 

Tonite I am smoking some St Louis ribs on my Traeger. This is my first time with ribs and I am guided in my endeavors by Myron Mixon who is the ‘winningest man in  barbecue’. How could  go wrong. 


1 comment:

  1. The first time I went to New Orleans, I woke up with a pain in my side, and made it home just in time for my appendectomy to go smoothly. The doctor said my appendix was kinked.

    ReplyDelete