Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I can numb myself

Edwards diner in Indy
So there is nothing unusual in the basement. I have checked it thoroughly and there are no people, ghosts or anything unusual down there. I don’t know what the fuss was about. 

I did note that we are down to our last 48 rolls of toilet paper so I will need to visit Costco very soon. Some of our seven bathrooms have only six spare rolls in them.

Cate is still doing the kitty litter and I will take this over today. I admire her stamina for doing this for so long. Sissi is still occasionally doing strange things in weird places so we have hissy tins placed all over the house. This does the job very nicely.

Tomorrow we are going to Virginia to have Thanksgiving with Cate’s brother and sister-in-law. This will be good fun. Last year we drove and then went on down to Charleston – and encountered ghastly weather on the way there and on the way back.

Tomorrow also I have my last shot of antibiotics and the nurse is coming to take out my PICC line. I will at last be able to have a proper shower and wash my left arm.


This year we are flying. This is always fun in America and it will be made more interesting by the expected four foot dump of snow on Washington on Wednesday. This means that we will either get there late or not at all. However I will be able to drink so can numb myself to the indignities of air travel if I need to.

5 comments:

  1. I have recently switched to mainly Drambuie for numbification. It goes nicely with food, too. I have almost used up my first tube of anchovie paste, mainly as an additive to soups. I am really glad you get to travel and hope you have gained enough strength for the travel process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm a bit sad to hear there's nothing unusual in the basement. Also what are hissy tins? Do I need them?
    Happy Numbgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, and I hope your flights are okey dokey.

    This is our year of no travel and our first Thanksgiving at home in over 10 years. It is quite odd.

    We are cooking a 13 pound turkey for 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps your silence since Tuesday means you really did get away. Hope you had a lovely time.

    I am, however, concerned you are so keen to reclaim your kitty litter duties... But there again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. esb: I have not had a Drambuie for a long time - but do have a bottle in the cupboard. I shall try it.

    Sandy: The are tins of compressed air that operate by motion sensor. You put them where you do not want the cats to be.

    fmcgmccllc: That is a lot of Turkey. But there are great recipes for leftovers.

    Annie: We did have a lovely time. And I am back on KL duties.

    ReplyDelete