Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Surprise Friday Blog for Merisi




You know I don’t usually Blog on Fridays – but today is an exception just because of the sheer joy of being in Wien in such brilliant weather.

Sissi just loves it and is bounding all over the house and did another runner this morning down the stairs when Cate was leaving for work.

One has to very careful when the doorbell rings – she goes out there at about 100 kph and usually goes down at least four flights of stairs – the record is six.

She is almost impossible to catch on the way out. Only one man has succeeded. I opened the door to two guys who had come to do something and Sissi bolted. As she hurtled past them - one of the men bent down and scooped her up. Poetry in motion. He was clearly an athlete.

It may have been Thierry Henry.

To celebrate Wien, life and cats I offer you some more Duck pictures (there have been discussions recently about Mallards and Ducks – I am of the view that if it looks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck – it is a Duck).

This has been confirmed by Maalie who says he is a Biologist and whose hero is Richard Dawkins – that’s good enough for me.

And a final word on Beetles

The following extracted from usenet; posted by Ken Cox.

God: And here’s the next species, one I’m
particularly proud of...

Adam: Beetle.

God: Excellent. Now here’s another...

Adam: Beetle.

God: No, you just named the last one “beetle”.
This one is quite different-look at the pattern on
the wing cases, and the shape of the antennae...

Adam: Beetle.

God: Well, OK, though they certainly look different
to Me. Now, the next species is-

Adam: Beetle.

4 comments:

  1. *rofl*

    (See, I did check on you, even on Friday!)

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four minutes after you posted.
    My telepathic abilities are better than I thought they were. *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Badger, evidently you are getting finer weather in Wien than we are here in Cumbria, England, which is virtually under water.

    I notice you also have a Black-headed Gull (lacking the black head in its winter plumage, closely related to the Aussi Silver Gull) in your top picture.

    At this time of year you often see ducks in courting trios (two drakes for each duck) as you have so nicely captured.

    As for Monsieur Henry, well, I wouldn't want to be in Ireland this week!

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I found your Friday blog because a close friend of mine asked me to send V4D's url as she may decide to follow it! So fame is spreading.

    BTW, I assume Steph had posted a link to the Pythons' Philosopher's Song? I tracked down this version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WRFJwGsbY

    ReplyDelete