Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Sadly, I put them in the rubbish bin


Oh NO! Not another duck picture

It is snowing in Vienna again today – but it is not really very cold so it is melting as soon as it hits the ground. This is no fun at all for Sissi who likes to dig in it. 

Meanwhile – in Australia

the Bureau of Meteorology's interactive weather forecasting chart has added new colours – deep purple and pink – to extend its previous temperature range that had been capped at 50 degrees. They are expecting temperatures of up to 54° in Central Australia.


It will be a relief to get a Liberal Coalition government in Australia so that we can stop this global warming nonsense. After all – they don’t have it in the USA so why should Australia suffer.

And – more importantly -  in Vienna - Bobby’s has stopped selling Cate’s favourite porridge (Golden Syrup) – but fortunately – (and of course) you can buy it on Amazon.

I tried to throw an old pair of shoes away a few days ago. These were a pair of Florsheim casual shoes that I bought about 15 years ago and have worn almost every day since.

They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had and I have had them repaired a few times - but finally they are letting go and are probably beyond redemption.

So sadly – I put them in the rubbish bin.

The next morning I took them out again – scraped the coffee grounds off them and put them back in my cupboard.

I will let the shoe repairer have one more go at them to see what he can do. He is a wonderful repairer and does wonders with Cate’s shoes – so we shall see.



4 comments:

  1. I have a pair of Scarpa Walking boots I bought 25 years ago. They finally wore out of tread on Skiddaw Peak in the Lakes district in 2010.

    Despite logic telling me I should throw them out, I cannot..they have done thousands of klms all over the world.

    My new pair are nice, however not made in Italy.. but in Romania. There is wear on the tread already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fmcgmccllc: Makes me glad to be in Vienna.

    Simon: Yes I have some terrific old walking boots that I just cannot throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee-flavoured shoes... now that's interesting!

    ReplyDelete