Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What an excellent outcome

At Sydney Zoo 
I rang Hermione about the dead tree and she said she already knew about it and had ordered a new one. I think she really likes this garden as she often pops in to have a look – and indeed she watered it while we were away.

She has given us a big chart which shows all the trees and plants – and what we have to give them in the way of nourishment.

This chart will be handy as I will just put a red line through the plants as they die and when they are all gone I will plant corn.

I know I can do this because I give the squirrels corn and they scatter the kernels far and wide – so we have corn growing everywhere.

Today we checked with the insurance company to make sure we are covered for next Sunday on the home tour when people fall down our stairs and break their legs.

In this country a stubbed toe can send you bankrupt if you are the stubee.

The insurance company said that we were not covered for that – and indeed we should not be covered at all as they do not insure historic homes.

They accused Cate of lying on the policy application and have marked our policy ‘not to be renewed’.

What a excellent and fruitful outcome.

My insurance agent says this is a goat thing at the insurance company end as he certainly informed them that it was a historic home – and indeed they came and inspected it before writing the policy -  and insured it for $250,000 more than we paid for it.

Anyway – I have informed the home tour people that unless they have insurance that covers us then the tour is off.

I have also put the insurance company in the asshats folder.


5 comments:

  1. I hope you get a good corn crop, squirrel crop, or half of one of each. I froze my grape harvest, I am not sure how weLL squirrel wiLL freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which is worse the insurance asshats or the people who go on these tours for charity and sue for splinters. I am sure it will all work out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. esb: I need corn more than I need squirrels.

    fmcgmccllc: Hmmm...hard to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That asshat folder must be bursting at the seams by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lenny: I have plenty of room - I expect to encounter some more.

    ReplyDelete