Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

We love you Douglas


The New York Times saga may have reached a conclusion.  

On Saturday I received an email telling me that the matter was being attended to by the District Manager. Holy Toledo!

But on Sunday we did not get a paper so I sent my usual email - ­and at 11:00 a large black man knocked on our door and handed me the Sunday NYT.

He said his name was Douglas - that here did not know what had happened previously – but in future he was going to personally deliver my paper every day at 5:00 AM. He gave me his telephone number and said I should call him if I ever had a problem.

I thanked him profusely – gave him a big hug and invited him to Thanksgiving.

We got papers on Monday. Things are looking good!

5 comments:

  1. At last you're seeing some of our better qualities here in the US. Congrats to you and a big thumbs up to Douglas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just heart the thud when the paper hits your front steps at 5:00 AM! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear: I meant "hear" - come to think of it, I'd love to hear that on MY steps! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SK Waller: I always had high hopes for America

    Merisi: No thud - he places in silently

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I got that kinda treatment from cussed-tomers, dinners & hugz, I would be a paperboy too. Probably pays better and slightly less sweaty than HVAC work. Off to revise my resume ...

    ReplyDelete