Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It has 400 holes

A few nights ago we started to watch the new season of Game of Thrones. Halfway through the first episode we realized that we had no idea what was going on and could not remember any of the characters. So we decided to go back and watch from the beginning of series 1.

We were doing this on Friday night and it was getting late so we stopped watching but we still had wine left in our glasses. We consider it a criminal act to leave wine undrunk so I started flicking through some of the 375 TV channels we have and discovered a shopping channel that was selling Rowena irons. You know – those things with which you iron clothes.

I was absolutely enthralled at the efficacy of this iron. It glided over any and all fabrics leaving them smooth and wrinkle free. This is important in our house because Cate has a lot of frilly girlie things that are hell to iron.

Admittedly I had drunk a bit of wine by the time I got to this infomercial – but it did look damn good – and like something I just had to have.

I did not discount the fact that the wool was being pulled over my eyes. You know – like those stain removers that will get any stains out of any thing – but when you buy them you discover that you have been well and truly gulled.

But the iron had a money back guarantee so I chose a suitable model – based on user recommendations - and placed an order with Amazon. The iron arrived on Sunday and I took it for a run yesterday.

It is all it is advertised to be and is everything I wanted in an iron. It is German made and has 400 holes (yes 400 – count them) – with a turbo steam blast that would take paint off a barn door at a distance of 100 yards.

I could not be happier with this purchase and am looking forward to the next battle with Cate’s frillies.

3 comments:

  1. I use a steam iron slightly less often than I use a steam locomotive as a form of transportation. (Giggles)

    Please send me your eXcess rain. If I turned on a sprinkler today I am sure mud would faLL from the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration you are Badger. Many years ago when my children were littlies, I had a big ironing basket full of their clean clothes ready to be ironed. I discovered that if I did not iron them, the girls would grow out of them and ironing was not necessary. I do not like ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. esb: You should iron more often - I find it very satisfying - part from the frillies. I am sorry but we need our rain for ourselves.

    Sandy: What a grand idea - but it is not going to work with Cate. I don't mid ironing because we have so little.

    ReplyDelete