Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

It is easier to get wet

The thing that Georgia is most afraid of is an umbrella. 

Now she is afraid of many things - but umbrellas seem to be at the top of the table at the moment. Last week we were coming home from shopping and when we went to leave the garage the rain was pelting down. 

So I did what any normal person would do and opened an umbrella. Big mistake. Georgia took off into the garden and would not come inside the house. I could not leave her out in the rain so I had to chase her round the garden for half an hour trying to bribe her with treats.

I had forgotten that it really is easier to get wet than use an umbrella.

My gardening mate Johnny has gone missing and did not turn up last week to do the gardening - and his phone has been turned off. It is possible that he went on a bender - as he occasionally does - and ended up in jail - as he occasionally does. 

Cate had yet another plant nursery expedition last week so I had to dig the holes for the plants. This is harder than it sounds as the soil around our house is basically rubble and any digging requires the removal of masses of rocks. Georgia digs lots of holes but they are never where I need them. 

But I did it and yesterday I mowed the lawn. There is not much of this now so it was quite easy. 

Yesterday Georgia was sitting on the back porch and spied a squirrel in the tree. The squirrel climbed down and sat on the lawn eating bird seed and corn. The girl thought her time had come and she sat stock still for ten minutes sussing out the prey. 

Finally she moved. She lifted her front paw to take a step towards the squirrel - and it was gone in a flash. She ran to the tree and watched as the squirrel sat there watching her pathetic performance. She is lucky squirrels do not guffaw.

I am much more relaxed now after the presidential debate has given Hillary a comfortable lead overall and in the battleground states. It should not matter that much but I have to live here for a while and I am just not ready for that lying, blubbering, sniveling, whining pile of orange toxicity to be in charge of the country - or indeed anything at all.

Poor Donald looked at all the online polls the next day and told everyone he had won by a large margin. Is he really that dumb? Probably. The real polls showed Hills completely blitzing him. 

I expect the Trumpster to go full feral in the next debate as this is his last chance to save his sorry ass. I will be glad when this is all over and he can go back to doing what he does best. Being a world class conman - perhaps the like of which we have not seen here ever.

Tomorrow we are going to New Orleans. We shall drink Sazerac and munch Creole food for three days. 

5 comments:

  1. I tried leaving you a comment after launching your blog from FB but then it crashed after trying to log me into Google, but I was already logged in, strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I envy you, but it might be swamped right now with everyone leaving Florida. Have some turtle soup for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have great admiration for your powers of descrioption!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who has never been to New Orleans I have drunk an extraordinary amount of Sazeracs. Have many and when you're back in oz I'll take you to the swinging cat in Sydney, they make the best one I've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sazeracs appear to be medium difficulty to make.

      Delete