Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I will need roofrack software


Maalie’s photo of Neusiedler See (Lake Neusiedl) frozen over.

I am a bit preoccupied with my iMac so have been inattentive to my Blog. This may continue for a little while as I am completely new to iMacs and am feeling my way. It is proving to be a bit more difficult than I thought it would be to transfer my emails and music to the iMac but I am making progress.

There are many ways to transfer music from a PC to a iMac – none of them easy. After some research I have bought a piece of software that the Mac forum people say will do the job easily (Ha!). Easy for them!

But – the machine itself is just gorgeous and easily the most elegant and sophisticated piece of computer equipment I have ever owned. And Fast! It has a Quad Core (I have no idea what that is but it sounds terrific!)

Last week a man called in to paint the water damaged wall in our bedroom. There was not much to do as I more than six months ago I had given up all hope of anything happening and had given it a couple of coats of paint of my own. But he tidied it up and went on his way. Sissi helped him as much as she could but I got the paint off her paws without too much trouble.

Of course another man arrived a month or so ago and cut a bloody great hole in the wall in the lounge room. This will also be painted one day but we don’t worry too much about these things any more.

Hey – we live in Vienna and have a great life (well I do – Cate has to work). Who cares about holes in walls?

On the weekend we visited Rust which is a town on the Neusiedler See. This is a lovely area and is where Maalie goes bird watching. I could never do this – bird watchers have to get up before dawn - Shriek!

We decide that we need to go cycling there as there are cycle paths all around the lake. So I have been instructed to fit the bike racks to the Mercedes. The bike racks were purchased more than one year ago and are residing in their original box – unopened – in the basement.

I expect this to be more difficult that transferring files to the iMac – because I will not be able to get any software to help me. I shall report.

2 comments:

  1. Click here to listen to a young man describing with passion, in German, his experience with a non-Macintosh computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William, his parents should be arrested for neglect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete